The 29th season of the Benicia Certified Farmers Market opens Thursday, April 29th from 4-8pm, providing fresh, healthy food for the community. Best practices will be implemented to protect customers, farmers, and staff to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 with guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health and California Department of Food & Agriculture. Located on First Street between B and D Streets, the seasonal market runs through October 28th (fall hours 4-7pm Sep-Oct).
When Visiting the Market…
- Come prepared and limit your visit time. Have a shopping list, so you can get in and get out quickly. Please treat the market as an essential activity not as a social activity.
- Wear a face mask/face covering even if you have been vaccinated before entering the market.
- Clean/Sanitize your hands. Please consider washing your hands before entering the market. Hand sanitizer will be at both entrances to the market at First & B and First & D and public hand washing at B Street parking lot next to the portable restroom.
- Honor social distancing of six feet while at the market. Give space to those around you, at least 6 feet, while shopping and waiting in line.
- Observe all posted signage and demarcated lines, which signal where customers should wait, six feet apart, while in line.
- Always stay home if you are sick.
- Visit booths with shorter lines first.
- Always cough or sneeze, into your arm or a tissue, away from people and food.
- As always, wash your fruits and veggies when you return home.
Due to state and county requirements, there will be no food sampling, musical entertainment, jump houses, or face painting at the market. Benicia Main Street will also not be implementing their “Frequent Shopper Card” program.
Achadinha Cheese Company – Cheese, butter, kefir, beef, lamp, pork
Chay’s Farms – Organic strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and vegetables
Delta Microgreens – Microgreens and seasonal edible flowers
Diaz Farms – Nectarine, peach, plum apricot, orange, mandarins, walnut, raisins, pluots
Resendiz Farms – Cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, pluots, blueberries, grapes, watermelon, melons, tomatoes, onions, apple, pear, mandarins, pomegranate, persimmon (starts 5/6)
Rose Lane Farms – Flowers, Jam, honey, fruits, vegetables
Triple Delight Blueberries – Blueberries, blueberry jam
Vallejo Street Dahlias – “Build Your Own Bouquet” (starts June)
Cocamel & Company – Toffee-coated puff (salty, sweet, butter flavored snack food), caramel dip with apples & some caramel candies (starts 5/13)
Cosmic Gelato Shop – Gelato by the scoop and pints (6/3)
Gourmet Temptations – Mustards, marinades, curd, jams, dessert sauces, honey, olive oil, balsamics
Hummus Heaven – Hummus, tapenade, tzatziki, dolmas, garlic spreads, salads, olives, pita bread
Kay’s Sweets House – Cake, cookies, cupcakes, and cake pops
Mi Fiesta Catering -Tamales, enchiladas, chile releno, rice, beans, salsas, chips, tortillas (starts 5/13)
Nannie’s Candies – Candy, gumball machine, lollipop stand, candy bouquet, candy cups
Nutty Momma’s – Organic/vegan nut-based foods include: nut butters, trail mix, nut spreads, cookies, banana bread
Roti -Spinach roti, pumpkin roti, vegetable roti, dips, chutneys, tandoori, samosas, entrees
Upper Crust Bakery – Breads, pies, cookies
Crepes Divine – Crepes, kettle corn, drinks
Got Plate Lunch – Rice plates with meat entrees
Julie’s Roasted Corn – Corn on the cob, baked potatoes, churros
Pizza Francesca – Pizza
Arts & Crafts
Conscious Cutlery – Cutlery sets for travel, straws in different sizes and colors
Key to Main – Shirts, sweatshirts, masks, signs, door mats, earrings, keychains, zipped pouches, backpacks, body butter, soap, whipped sugar scrub
Milkman Creations – T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags, keychains “Benicia” themed
My Mom’s Masks – Hand-made masks & accessories
Rooted Oasis – Houseplants, planters/pots, totes, stickers, cups, apparel, gardening tools
Something Amazing! – Succulents, alcohol ink rock art with succulents
Sunflower Entertainment & Travel – Handmade jewelry, soaps, mosquito repellent (handmade, natural), oils, lighted balloons, coin purses, body cream, spa gloves, journal kits (starts 5/6)
Two Days Jewelry – Sterling silver jewelry, teen accessories
Benicia Ballet Theatre (Apr. 29)
Farm Fresh to You – Organic produce delivery service
Stephanie Scanlan – State Farm Insurance Agent (5/6)
Zoe’s Cruises & Tours – Cruise bookings, group departures (5/27)